Influenza Vaccine 2016/2017
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the quadrivalent Flu vaccine to our patients! Please call the location where your child is normally seen for weekday office dates/times to receive flu vaccine. Each office location has their own schedule. We plan to do the bulk of flu vaccines M-F during office hours, however; below are the available weekend clinics for the convenience of our families that may not be able to make it during office hours.
- We will be filing your child's flu vaccine to your insurance company just like we do when you come in the office for a visit.
- SC Medicaid plans will be paying for flu vaccine provided to patients who are eligible for SC Medicaid on the date of service through the VFC program.
- Patients with no insurance can receive vaccine through the VFC program.
- Patients who qualify may receive vaccine through the STATE program. This includes patients whose insurance does not cover flu vaccine or they have a vaccine deductible that has NOT been met of $250 per child or $500 per family.
- Flu vaccine will be offered to patients during their scheduled well visit.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to vaccinate patients of Palmetto Pediatrics. Family members who are not patients will not be able to be vaccinated.
We will be offering Fluzone (shot). Flu Vaccination is recommended annually by the ACIP for all persons greater than or equal to 6 months of age. Children less than 9 years old that have not had 2 or more doses of flu vaccine since July 2010 will need 2 doses of flu vaccine this year, at least 30 days apart. Flu Mist will not be available this flu season.