Influenza Vaccine 2013/2014
Important Notice: We have ample supply of flu shots but, do not anticipate being able to offer flu mist (intranasal flu vaccine product) at any of our December flu clinics.
|Northeast Office Clinics (Clemson Road)
|Irmo Office Clinics (Broad River Road)
|Downtown Office Clinics (Park Central Drive)
|Lexington Office Clinics (Augusta Hwy)
|Rice Creek Office Clinics (Rice Meadow Way)
We will not be using an outside vendor this season.
What this means for you:
- We will be filing your child's flu vaccine to your insurance company just like we do when you come in the office for a visit.
- Medicaid plans will be paying for flu vaccine provided to patients who are eligible for SC Medicaid on the date of service through the VFC program.
- Patients with no insurance can receive vaccine through the VFC program.
- Patients who qualify may receive vaccine through the STATE program. This includes patients whose insurance does not cover flu vaccine or they have a vaccine deductible that has NOT been met of $250 per child or $500 per family.
- Weekend clinics will be offered in addition to weekday business hours clinics (appointment only during weekdays).
- Flu vaccine will be offered to patients during their scheduled well visit.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to vaccinate patients of Palmetto Pediatrics. Family members who are not patients will not be able to be vaccinated.
We will be offering both Fluzone (shot) and Flu Mist (intranasal mist). Flu Vaccination is recommended annually by the ACIP for all persons greater than or equal to 6 months of age. Children less than 9 years old that have not had 2 or more doses of flu vaccine since July 2010 will need 2 doses of flu vaccine this year, at least 30 days apart. Flu Mist is indicated for healthy, non-pregnant persons ages 2 years through 49 years old.